My Astro on Demand Favourites Awards 2011

Congratulations to the winners of the 2011 My Astro on Demand Award (我的最愛頒獎典禮) Winners!


My Favorite Actor in a Leading Role: Kevin Cheng (Ghetto Justice)
My Favorite Actress in a Leading Role: Myolie Wu (Curse of the Royal Harem)
My Favorite Actor in a Supporting Role: Raymond Wong (Twilight Investigations)
My Favorite Actress in a Supporting Role: Sharon Chan (Ghetto Justice)
My Favorite Promising Actor: Vincent Wong (Gun Metal Grey)
My Favorite Promising Actress: Nancy Wu (Gun Metal Grey)
My Favorite On Screen Couple: Michael Tse and Fala Chen (Lives of Omission)
My Favorite Drama Theme Song: Michael Tse (Lives of Omission)
My Favorite Drama Series: Ghetto Justice

My Favorite Top 15 Drama Characters: 
Michael Tse (Lives of Omission)
Fala Chen (Lives of Omission)
Wayne Lai (Forensic Heroes 3)
Myolie Wu (Curse of the Royal Harem)
Ruco Chan (The Other Truth)
Kevin Cheng (Ghetto Justice)
Chilam Cheung (Rippling Blossom)
Tavia Yeung (The Other Truth)
Kate Tsui (Forensic Heroes 3)
Kenneth Ma (Life and Times of a Sentinel)
Bosco Wong (Lives of Omission)
Moses Chan (Yes Sir, Sorry Sir)
Linda Chung (Yes Sir, Sorry Sir)
Ron Ng (Forensic Heroes 3)
Raymond Lam (Men With No Shadows)


Lots more pictures below!










My Favorite Actor in a Leading Role- Kevin Cheng


My Favorite Actress in a Leading Role- Myolie Wu




Kevin Cheng and Myolie Wu











My Favorite Actor in a Supporting Role- Raymond Wong


My Favorite Actress in a Supporting Role- Sharon Chan

Raymond Wong and Sharon Chan




My Favorite Promising Actor: Vincent Wong
My Favorite Promising Actress: Nancy Wu 





Favorite On Screen Chemistry: Michael Tse and Fala Chen (not shown)
My Favorite Theme Song: Lives of Omission


Favorite Character Awards: 
Bosco Wong

Kate Tsui

Tavia Yeung







Favorite Series: Ghetto Justice


Tavia w/ the guys

Other Random Pictures:












Thoughts: My first thought when I saw the pictures was "What are they wearing??!" However some of the dresses do look better in different angles. I think Sharon's dress looks the best in all angles. She looked so glamorous! I wasn't sure about Tavia and Myolie's dress at first but the colors on Tavia's dress looks gorgeous although I'm not sure about the black lining. I like the sheerness of Myolie's dress but it looks too bunched up towards the neck when I look at pictures from the front, although it looks good from the side. Actually, if you click on the second picture of Myolie and Bosco, you can see a lot more detail in the dress and it does look pretty nice. This dress probably looks better in person since the camera might not catch it in the best light and may miss the details. I think I have to see them both in motion for me to decide but they both do look beautiful in general. I don't like Kate's dress with the peek-a-boo bra and I don't like the pattern on this either. I wish Nancy chose a different color for the dress because it looks a little bland. 

As for the awards, basically anyone who was invited was a guaranteed winner, so I'm pretty sure all the TVB artists were happy to go since they would not leave empty-handed. I'm so happy that Myolie and Kevin won the the Lead Actor/Actress awards and hope they repeat their win for the TVB awards. The Astro awards are not necessarily an indicator of who will win the TVB awards since Moses Chan and Charmaine Sheh won the Astro awards last year, but Wayne Lai and Sheren Teng ended up with the TVB title. I wonder if they gave Michael Tse the Favorite On Screen Couple and Theme Song award to make up for him not getting Lead Actor. In a way, I do like the format of these awards more because there are more people getting awards each year, but TVB changed their format to make their awards seem more prestigious. 

Congratulations once again to all the TVB artists that won! I'm happy for all of them!

Sources: Weibo, ihktv, Oriental Daily, Chinapress, Apple Daily

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

geez the movie yes sir sorry sir was horrible for me because it really doesn't make sense but the neitizen voted for them T.T. No clues what wrong with them. And i really wonder where the hell is maggie cheung. Her role was pretty good though. Even Steven ma too. Why the casts like them were left behind T.T

Anonymous said...

More than that, if you think clearly from the begining of the year, the movie Relic of an emissary, that movie is way better than yes sir sorry sir. Joe ma even worth than moss. T.T
and even in FH3, just the last even are kind of bad but it still a good show. People just can't accept casts changed. I think favorite scrreen couple should be angel and ken

AC said...

Hi Anonymous- I think part of these nominations are due to the ratings and that's probably why people from Yes Sir is nominated and not Relic since that series had really low ratings. I'm actually not a big fan of either series, but Linda was a bright spot in that series and people like Moses so that's probably why he won.

Angel and Ken weren't nominated for On Screen Couple. The nominees were: Myolie and Chilam (Rippling Blossom), Vincent and Nancy (Gun Metal Grey), Chris Lai and Elaine Yiu (Only You), Kevin and Myolie (Ghetto Justice), Sam and Sharon (Ghetto Justice), Louis and Krystal (The Other Truth), Michael and Fala (Lives of Omission), and Bosco and Kate (Lives of Omission).

Anonymous said...

i love myolie wu's dress...she dressed like a princess

Anonymous said...

i like myolie wu's dress...its very pretty.i don like kate tsui's dress...she looks like a mother when she wore it...

Anonymous said...

myolie is so damb pretty among the rest of the actresses

Anonymous said...

Omg, Myolie looks so, so stunning. So happy she won Lead Actress :) really hope she repeats her win on Dec. 5th!

Anonymous said...

omg...who do u think will win for tv queen this yr in tvb anniversary awards?

Anonymous said...

i hope its myolie...her acting in curse of the royal harem is really good...i really do hope she wins tv queen this yr...fingers crossed...

AC said...

I think Myolie has the biggest chance of winning the TVB Actress award this year. Although she is nominated for Curse, I think her great performances and ratings in Rippling Blossom and Ghetto Justice helps improve her chances. I really think this is Myolie's year.

LynneD. said...

Was so happy to see Vincent Wong's and Nancy Wu's win :)

AC said...

I'm happy for them too. :) I actually thought that Nancy would win Supporting and Sharon would get the Most Promising but I'm happy that they both got awards.

I am actually not a big fan of Vincent because I hated him so much in War of In Laws 2, but I'm warming up to him. haha.

Crystal Kong said...

@AC
what happened to Kate and Ron for best onscreen couple? If TVB had an award for best onscreen couple, I would deffinately vote for them.

I actually liked the peek a boo bra on kate's dress. But them everyone has different tastes and styles so...

AC said...

@Crystal Kate and Ron weren't nominated for Best Couple- maybe it's because they thought her and Bosco were the better couple?

and that's cool that you like it. Everyone has a different opinion. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, does anyone know d link to download this programme "My Astro on Demand Favourite Awards 2011"?? As I really want to watch this awards show... Thx! :)

vero said...

Think maybe Wayne Lai win for d Best Actor Forensic Heroes-3 on TVB awards Dec 5th? :)

Anonymous said...

Why isn't Steven Ma nominated? His role in The Life And Times Of A Sentinel was quite good.

AC said...

@vero It seems like the Best Actor is still between Michael Tse and Kevin Cheng.

@anonymous Steven Ma was nominated but didn't win. It could be because he's not really with TVB anymore?

Post a Comment