2013 Starhub TVB Award Nominations

Singapore has its own TVB awards called the Starhub TVB Awards, which is a joint partnership between Starhub and TVB. Together, they decided the nominations (which I think is pretty obvious when you look at all those nominated) and voting is open online as well as select magazines and newspapers. I read the fine print and those votes count for 70% while the other 30% is professional judges who will be present at the award ceremony. I'm basically excited because I like seeing these stars dressed up.

I'll pick out my choice in each category, so it will obviously be biased. :P

MY FAVORITE TVB ACTRESS
My choice: Myolie! She won last year for Ghetto Justice so I'm not sure what her chances are this year, but I love her as Zoe/Summer in Triumph in the Skies 2.

Click for the rest of the nominations...


MY FAVORITE TVB ACTOR
My choice: Julian Cheung- I just love him as Captain Cool although Ron as Isaac is probably my favorite male character.

MY FAVORITE TVB FEMALE CHARACTER
Last year, there were 6 character awards each for female and male so I'm not sure if they're going to do that again. I'm basically going to cheat and give 6 answers as well. The first one is my favorite while the other 5 will be in no particular order.
My Choice: Myolie Wu as Summer Ha, Linda Chung and Kiu Chi Lam, Tavia Yeung as Hong Chi Kwan, Kate Tsui as Chan Ka Pik, Nancy Wu as Ting Yan Tse, Ivana Wong as Ng Chi Ching

MY FAVORITE TVB MALE CHARACTER

My Choice: Ron Ng as Isaac but he's not nominated! I'm so confused now because I was sure he would be on this list. Anyways, my choices: Julian Cheung as Jayden Koo, Raymond Lam as Wai Sai Lok, Bosco Wong as Hui Wai Sum, Kenneth Ma as Szema Shun, Wayne Lai as Li Lian Ying, Francis Ng as Samuel Tong.

*another note: I don't even like some of the characters I picked such as Tavia and Kenneth's characters, but I just want them to show up and win.

MY FAVORITE TVB DRAMA
My Choice: Triumph in the Skies 2 (even though it's not even finished yet but I am loving it so far) 

MY FAVORITE TVB VARIETY SPECIAL
My Choice: Office of Practical Jokes- It was hilarious.

MY FAVORITE TVB VARIETY HOST
My Choice: Johnson Lee for Office of Practical Jokes

MY FAVORITE MEGA TVB SPECIAL
My Choice: Wow, they are really tooting their own horn, huh. I guess it doesn't matter since the winner is TVB. lol

MY FAVORITE TVB ONSCREEN COUPLE
My Choice: Ron Ng and Myolie Wu - Love their sweet chemistry for this series! Why is Bosco nominated twice though? I feel like it's to his disadvantage that he's nominated twice in case he splits votes. I prefer if they only had Bosco and Linda on there. I'm surprised they didn't put Kate and Raymond in this category.

MY FAVORITE TVB THEMESONG
My Choice: Would I seem too much like a TVB executive if I chose the song sung by one of the TVB artists? haha. I would choose the Witness Insecurity themesong because it's the one that sticks out in my head.

These would be my choices, but since I don't live in Singapore, my choices don't really matter. There are some extra awards that they give out also so there might be others that would attend even though they are not on any of the nominations. They usually announce the attendees so it's pretty obvious who wins an award, but it doesn't really matter to me. I just want a lot of stars to show up!

Feel free to post your thoughts in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment